Scheda punto di interesse
The bridge is located along the Flaminia not far from Cagli, to the south, and has been designed to overcome the ditch of a small stream that flows immediately after in the Burano River, on the right side. The size of the blocks from which the structures have inherited the nickname "Cyclops", awarded in 1879 by the Civil Engineer of Pesaro Pierluigi Montecchini, during a road maintenance project.
The bridge is currently entirely underground, but various documentation still exists.
Carnelian stone slabs have been put in place in the two sides of the bridge, including the row of the springer, slightly protruding on each side; instead the arch, the wing walls and the parapet were made with large blocks of "grigna stone". Some stones both from the parapet, both from a stretch of the facing to the south side, were already missing in the eighteenth century.
This dual construction technique has led to the hypothesis of two different construction periods and determined the comparison (incorrectly!) with Manlio Bridge, where there are the same two construction types, but in a different context, being here the carnelian stone masonry in connection with a restoration carried out in posterior age than the two bridge in "grigna" stone.
In any case, the oldest phase of the Bridge (and possibly of the entire artifact) seems attributable to the Augustan age both for type, both for the used material.