Scheda punto di interesse
The forum area stood upstream of the Via Flaminia, in front of the Church of San Martino. This was the political, religious and administrative centre of the city. The square plaza, overlooking the Flaminia, was paved with slabs of carnelian stone from Furlo and was surrounded by an imposing colonnade. On the north side, three temples dominated the Forum at a two meters higher level. The Augusteum, a building dedicated to the cult of Augustus, stood in the eastern side, entirely paved with marble slabs, still very well preserved. In the apse of the Augusteum, a beautiful bronze statue of Victoria was found in 1660 and is now preserved at the Museum in Kassel.